Elementary A: (ages up to 7)
Elementary B: (ages up to 9)
Intermediate A: (ages up to 11)
Intermediate B: (ages up to 13)
Advanced A: (ages up to 15)
Advanced B: (ages up to 18)
PRELIMINARY VIDEO AUDITION for CONCERTO CATEGORY
DEADLINE: Friday, March 24, 2023
(Entry fee: $80)
Late Preliminary application deadline: April 7, 2023 with additional $50 fee
- The adjudication committee will evaluate the contestant’s video submission. All videos are to be submitted via YouTube link/links. The video/s may be recorded within nine months prior to March 24, 2023.
- All applicants will be informed of the jury’s decision regarding the preliminary round by no later than April 21, 2023. Those who passed will be invited to participate in the live rounds of the competition at the Center of the Performing Arts in Carmel, Indiana.
- If a contestant chooses to withdraw from the competition, he/she is asked to notify the competition committee at least 48 hours prior to the beginning of the designated round.
- Any violation of the rules and regulations by the contestant may result in his/her expulsion from the competition.
- The preliminary audition is required for all levels and categories.
Preliminary repertoire requirements for CONCERTO category:
- The exposition and cadenza of a fast movement of a piano concerto played at a close-to performance tempo.
- If a cadenza does not exist in your selection, the development can be used as a substitute. If you’re unsure of what to submit, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Must be played from memory
- Recording with the accompaniment is strongly recommended but not required.
- If you proceed to the next (final) round, you must perform the same movement in its entirety.
FINAL LIVE ROUND for CONCERTO category
Application deadline: Friday, May 12, 2023
(Entry fee: $140)
- The Final round is open to the general public. Each contestant must appear before the panel of judges at his/her designated time.
- Warm-up rooms and assigned warm up times will be available to all finalists.
- Additional practice times will be available to all the participants strictly on a first-come-first-served basis at the Center of the Performing Arts and other locations (TBA). No pre-arrangements for practice times will be available before the competition.
- All final round results will be announced at the Final Award Ceremony on Sunday, July 2nd, 2023 at 6:30pm followed by Winners’ Concert.
- Professional accompanists for the Concerto category may be provided by Carmel Klavier for an additional non-refundable fee of $100 for Elementary and $150 for Intermediate and Advanced levels (includes one rehearsal and performance). The accompanist fee must be included in the final round entry fee.
Final round time limit for CONCERTO category:
The performance time will be determined by the level entered, and the contestant’s performance may be stopped once the time limit is exceeded by the judges’ discretion.
Elementary A (ages up to 7): up to 10 minutes
Elementary B (ages up to 9): up to 10 minutes
Intermediate A (ages up to 11): up to 15 minutes
Intermediate B (ages up to 11): up to 15 minutes
Advanced A (ages up to 15): up to 20 minutes
Advanced B (ages up to 18): up to 20 minutes
Final Round Repertoire Requirements for Concerto category:
- Any movement of a piano concerto
- No omission of piano solo part allowed (cuts allowed in orchestral part only)
- Memorization is required.