PRELIMINARY VIDEO AUDITION for ENSEMBLE CATEGORY
DEADLINE: Friday, March 24, 2023
(Entry fee: $50 per contestant)
Late Preliminary application deadline: April 7, 2023 with additional $50 fee
- The adjudication committee will evaluate the contestant’s video submission. All videos are to be submitted via YouTube link/links. The video/s may be recorded within nine months prior to March 24, 2023.
- All applicants will be informed of the jury’s decision regarding the preliminary round by no later than April 21, 2023. Those who passed will be invited to participate in the live rounds of the competition at the Center of the Performing Arts in Carmel, Indiana.
- If a contestant chooses to withdraw from the competition, he/she is asked to notify the competition committee at least 48 hours prior to the beginning of the designated round.
- Any violation of the rules and regulations by the contestant may result in his/her expulsion from the competition.
- The preliminary audition is required for all levels and categories.
Preliminary repertoire requirements for ENSEMBLE category:
- One complete piano ensemble work for one piano-six hands, one piano–eight hands, two pianos-four hands, two pianos-six hands, or two pianos-eight hands.
- Original compositions, arrangements, and transcriptions are all acceptable.
- Memorization is not required
FINAL LIVE ROUND
Application deadline: Friday, May 12, 2023
(Entry fee: $90 per contestant)
- The Final round is open to the general public. Each contestant must appear before the panel of judges at his/her designated time.
- Warm-up rooms and assigned warm up times will be available to all finalists.
- Additional practice times will be available to all the participants strictly on a first-come-first-served basis at the Center of the Performing Arts and other locations (TBA). No pre-arrangements for practice times will be available before the competition.
- All final round results will be announced at the Final Award Ceremony on Sunday, July 2nd, 2023 at 6:30pm followed by Winners’ Concert.
Final round time limit for ENSEMBLE CATEGORY:
The performance time will be determined by the level entered, and the contestant’s performance may be stopped once the time limit is exceeded by the judges’ discretion.
Elementary: up to 4 minutes
Intermediate: up to 8 minutes
Advanced: up to 12 minutes
Final Round Repertoire Requirements for Ensemble category:
- One Piano Ensemble (One piano 6 hands, One piano 8 hands, 2 pianos 4 hands, 2 piano 6 hands, 2 piano 8 hands)
- Original compositions, arrangements and transcriptions are accepted.
- Memorization is optional. No page turner will be provided.